Friday, September 23, 2011

West's Blessing - July 31, 2011

West was only 2.5 weeks old when we blessed him, but ALL of my family was in Utah so we weren't going to pass up the opportunity to have them there.  The blessing was beautiful, of course. And West slept right through it (one of the benefits of blessing your baby so young!)  I wish we thought of taking picture of him in his outfit, but we didn't.  Maybe I'll see if I can get him to fit in it still and snap a couple photos...My Grandma Palmer sewed him the little suit and part of it was made from the fabric of one of my Grandpa Palmer's old church shirts.  It is so special because he passed away 10 years ago.  It was complete with vest, bow tie and silk pants!  He also wore booties that were knit as a gift by a cute little hispanic woman from my parent's ward in Arizona.
We also have a wonderful sister in our word who recorded his blessing short hand and sent us a copy! She also did Eden's when she was blessed.  It is so nice to be able to return to them and remember and feel the spirit that we felt on those special days.

No comments: